Design Technology Range
Each unit has been designed with a specific application in mind, but all have been designed to facilitate the diverse range of activities which will be encountered in the 21st century Technology environment. The S+B range has been developed to update the perception which many students and parents have of Technology and remove the gender bias often associated with the subject. The smart clean lines of the range promotes a more contemporary and relevant image of this exciting subject, but without compromising the durability and robustness demanded for working with resistant materials.
All furniture is available in a range of sizes to suit all needs and can be free-standing or with castors. Design Technology furniture has been developed to be multi-use and heavy duty. The range has a clean modern look to help provide a contemporary view of technology in its widest context.
The IT workstation for example is constructed in a way that would allow heavy CNC machine tools (which vibrate) to be used and function effectively. The Preparation Table, because of its strength of construction, to be used for realisation as well as its main function.
S+B Design Technology furniture will withstand a 25 year life in a demanding environment. The robust construction and modern appearance facilitate the objectives of the modern educational technology environment.
Design Tech Range
Designed for use with computers and includes a lift up hatch, a multiple outlet power socket, a brush cable management system and a cable tray.
- Safe and easy to use cable management
- Easy to clean hard-wearing work surface. Applies to all products
- Load bearing leg frame system
Complete with the integral electrical trunking and designed to provide power to motors, low voltage power packs and transformers, to reduce the supply from 13amp to lower and safer voltages.
- Integral power trunking
- Shock absorbent leg frame system
A heavy duty bench which allows woodwork or engineering vices for work with resistant materials: cutting, shaping and joining.
- Engineers vice
- Woodwork vice
- Heavy duty load bearing and shock absorbent leg frame
- A large table for Preparation, Planning and Evaluation. Can be free-standing or fixed to the floor.
- A range of hard-wearing easy to clean work surfaces. Applies to all products
- Available in a range of sizes to suit all needs. Applies to all products
A general purpose heavy duty workbench. Braced to prevent racking in use.
- Can be provided with or without castors. Applies to all products