Lab Engineering 2
S+B UK Limited is one of the UK’s longest established and leading specialists in the design, manufacture and installation of laboratory furniture, fume cupboards and associated services. We can supply everything from a single workstation or fume cupboard to a complete suite of laboratories. Our extensive range of design led standard products will readily meet most applications, but we are always happy to develop and produce for client specific requirements.
The furniture S+B systems have been developed by one of Europe’s leading specialist furniture designers to combine durability, function, ergonomics with a modern, clean crisp and attractive appearance. Alternative benching systems combine with a range of worktop materials and mechanical and electrical servicing levels to satisfy the differing requirements of scientific disciplines ranging from microbiology to metallurgy.
- Conventional Fixed Pedestal Range is a highly cost effective system which maximises under bench storage
- Column System supports the worktop independently of worktops by use of cantilever leg frames, which allows storage cupboards to be moved around for cleaning and maintenance
- C Frame System* provides worktop support, allowing free movement of storage units which can be push under or suspended clear of the floor
* A front leg can be added where especially heavy load bearing or repeated impact is a requirement.
S+B has specialist worktop fabrication capability and a wide range of different materials with different qualities is available to suit diverse applications. The worktop is the most heavily used component in any laboratory furniture system and selection is an important aspect of any design. We will give careful consideration to user applications and based on that and many years experience, we will provide an honest critique of the advantages and disadvantages of the options available.
- Solid Grade Laminate (Trespa Athlon and Toplab) – a flat, stable general application material with good impact resistance.
- Solid Surface (Corian and Polylab) – a flat, stable material with seamless jointing capability and particularly suited to clean applications.
- Cast Epoxy Resin (Simmons and Durcon) – good chemical resistance and most widely used in fume cupboards.
Other materials such as post formed plastic laminate, hard wood ( sourced from FSC approved suppliers), stainless steel, polypropylene and toughened glass are also favoured for some applications.